Sunday 3 August 2014

Black and Blue







Hello my lovelies! I finally have wifi! For those of you who don't know, I am currently in the Middle East in Oman in a city called Muskat. I flew into Abu Dhabi, I spent 2 days in Dubai and now I'm here in Muskat! It's such a beautiful country, but oh my gosh it is so hot! During the day it is well over 40 degrees celsius and at midnight last night, for example, it was 36 degrees. The heat is nice but you reaaaallllyyyy have to protect your skin, which is hard because you want to wear as little clothing as possible because it is just soooo hot! And that leads onto problem number 2, in Oman and a lot of places in the Middle East, it is respectful to cover up your shoulders and wear bottoms that aren't too short! So its sort of like a catch 22. You have to wear a lot of clothes, but at the same time you are sweating in the heat. 

So when I showed up here, I brought dresses, shorts and normal tops. But you sorta want to cover up because you feel uncomfortable if you don't. So I went into H&M and I bought some light material shorter trousers (as seen in the photos) and I also bought some genie pants (which I am currently wearing as I type this!). Sorry these pictures are so bad btw, my sister is 13 and took them and is only learning how to take pictures properly! But anyhow!

So these trousers are from H&M and they cost me 7.900 Omani Reals?? So that works out at about €14 ish? But I love these trousers! They are high waisted, fitted and match pretty much everything. I wore this outfit out to dinner but I had like a wrap/kimono type thing on my shoulders. The top is from New Look and I bought it in Dubai. I can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't that expensive! Shoes were from New look back home in Ireland and the necklace is from River Island. This outfit was super comfy and was a good compromise to the usual dresses out to dinner! 

Hope you like my cringe photos and my outfit! If you have any questions about Oman, the Middle East, my outfit, anything, don't be afraid to ask! Have any of you guys been to the Middle East and what did you think?? 

When I get back I may do a haul post of things I bought here? I'm not too sure!! Let me know what you'd like to see! 

Thanks guys!
Lucy xo





No comments:

Post a Comment